Your data is important, and it is even more important to visualize it. The main purpose of this article is that you will find the data you need to visualize, in the form of a widget.
The first step is to navigate to the Dashboard located in the left side menu.
Click on New Widget as shown in the picture below.
The very first step when you create a new widget is to select the Category. A category is a top level abstraction of how the widget should look like.
- Top Lists - Collection of summarized data ordered as lists
"I want to list all of my products"
"I want to see my top 5 employees"
- Time series - Collection of linear period data
"I want a line graph"
"I want to see progression over time"
- KPI - Collection of Key Performance Indicators
"I want to see the total sum of my sales"
"I want to see the total budget completion of my company"
- Gamification - Collection of Gamification data
"I want to see the top users on level / experience points (XP)"
"I want to see the top users on a specific event"
The next step is to select the Function. The function serves as what type of data you would like to retrieve. The function varies, based on what type of category you have selected.
Top List functions
- Budget - Show value (*), budget and budget progression
- Value - Show only the value (*)
- Average - Show the average value (*)
- Average per user - Show the average value (*) per user
- Highest report - Show the highest report value (*)
- Points - Show points
- Value per hour - Show the value (*) per hour logged
Time serie functions
- Value over time - Show the value (*) over time
- Average value over time - Show the average value (*) over time
- Value - Show the total value (*)
- Budget - Show the total value (*), budget and budget progression
- Average - Show the total average value (*)
- Burndown - Show a burndown chart based on your linked products
- Ranks - Best users on level / experience points (XP)
- Events - Best users on a specific event
(*) The value can also be selected as quantity, gross margin or portfolio in the Settings step (label = Measured In)
The next step is to select the Layout. The layout determines how the widget should display the data. The layout varies based on what you have selected in both Category and Function, but here is an overview of all the layouts.
- Bar chart - Horizontal or vertical bar charts
- Pie chart - List with pie chart that shows the ratio
- Line chart - Line chart with or without colors, also possible to stack lines
- KPI - Simple KPI layout
- Progression chart - List with a budget progression chart
- Progression list - List with budget progression bars
- Bubble chart - Bubble chart that compares value against quantity. If you have selected the budget function, the progression will affect the size of the bubble
- Highlighted Top List - List with the top 4 highlighted
- Burndown - Burndown illustration with boxes
- Rank list - Simple list of best users on level / experience points
- Event list - Simple list of best users on a specific event
The final step is the Settings page. This page is sort of similar to the function, but this is where you finalize what type of data you would like to retrieve (and some general settings).
NOTE: Remember that you can always click on the Preview button in the top right to see how that data is shown based on your settings.
General settings (left side)
- Title - Enter a title for the widget
- Description - Enter a description for the widget
- Privacy Settings - Only relevant for the budget function. Select if you want to show only the value, progression or everything.
- Wiget Size - Select the size of your widget
- Custom notation - Only relevant for KPI widgets. Enter a custom notation to replace the notation on the value. E.g. Licences instead of Quantity.
Data settings (right side)
- Product Type - Choose between sales, offers, meetings or activities.
- Measured In - Select what you want to measure in (value, quantity, gross margin or portfolio)
- Widget Level - This is basically the data that is visualized. Choose between users, teams, companies, products or origins)
- Products - Select the products that should be included. This is based on the product type that you have selected.
- Origins - Select the origins that should be included.
- Teams - Select all teams or a subset of teams that you would like to retrieve data from.
- Show Top X - Only relevant for lists and limits the number of users / teams etc. shown.
Finally, click on the Add Widget button below.